General Update (May, 2020)
COVID-19 continues to change the world of work for our candidates, clients and the broader recruitment industry. Whilst from a health perspective, the Australian numbers are looking increasingly positive each day, the economic implications of COVID-19 continue to unfold unpredictably. However, with COVID-19 restrictions gradually easing across the states, we are hopeful that we have passed the worst of these challenging times.
Despite this, Ignite remain fully operational across our Specialist Recruitment, On Demand and People Services divisions. We have successfully implemented a work-from-home model across our organisation and remain committed to servicing our candidates, contractors and clients throughout this period and beyond.
Over the past few months, Ignite has implemented a number of initiatives to minimise business disruption and maximise support for all our stakeholders. We have:
- Seamlessly transitioned our contractors to allow them to continue working remotely
- Transitioned all our employees to work-from-home with no disruption to productivity
- Adopted video technology and other tools to support remote recruitment processes
- Offered candidates free resume assistance via our consultants to help them stand out Developed and implemented processes to help clients virtually onboard new contractors
- Hosted virtual candidate meet-ups to support candidates stood down from employment
- Hosted virtual client events, including a Women in IT virtual breakfast where we had food delivered via Uber Eats to each attendee’s residence, to engage with our clients
- Provided increased mental health support and L&D opportunities for our employees
- Listed by CIO Advisor Magazine as one of the top recruitment and staffing agencies in APAC
- Our ACT GM Laila Billberg was appointed on the APSCo Australia Executive Committee
These activities have positioned us very well to overcome many of the challenges associated with COVID-19, and we are very excited for the opportunities that lie ahead for our organisation and our stakeholders as the Australian economy recovers.
Stakeholder health and safety
The continued health and safety of our contractors, clients, candidates and employees is our top priority. This is why we will continue to be cautious and vigilant in our approach to returning to our offices, and will constantly monitor the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation guided by relevant government and medical experts. Our business leaders are formulating strategies to maximise health and safety for all stakeholders to ensure all operations can continue in socially responsible and safe manner.
Nevertheless, whether it’s from home or from the office, rest assured that the Ignite team will continue to deliver exceptional talent management services to all our stakeholders now and into the future.
Past announcements may be updated or removed as required, to ensure accuracy and limit confusion during this time. This page may be updated without notice.
For health and other advice refer to official information provided by Federal Government, State Government and World Health Authority.
Please contact us if you require further information or previous releases regarding Ignite Limited’s response to COVID-19.