- Asset management in a government owned, contractor operated environment
- Local Government Branch responsible for delivery of waste management initiatives
- 4 Month contract with extension envisaged
About the company
Our client is an ACT Government Department responsible for a range of waste & recycling activities for both residential and commercial clients. They aim to encompass best practice, respond to community demand and maximize resource recovery.
About the role
Working within a dynamic and proactive team your role will see you responsible for the coordination, development and dissemination of data for the Asset Management Plan. This also covers capital works & maintenance replacements, repairs and upgrades plan and the quarterly reporting on the progress of these programs of work. Your duties will include:
- Develop, maintain, implement, monitor and review all current assets across various sites
- Coordinate strategic asset management strategies and plans including asset business systems, asset registers, whole of life planning systems, maintenance schedules and operational plans/procedures
- Performance, condition assessments and maintenance of assets & utilities to compliance and legislative standards
- Data collection and database updates ensuring accurate data on system
- Statistical analysis and the production of forecasts, recommendations and reports
- Work with key external stakeholders relating to infrastructure and planning requirements
- Contribute to information input to manuals pertaining to standards, operations and maintenance and preferred equipment lists
- Develop scope & statement of requirements to engage and manage contractors and panel contracts for service delivery
Skills & experience
- Degree or diploma qualifications in asset and capital management
- Proven track record in managing a large & diverse asset portfolio, delivering asset maintenance plans and condition assessment reports within a contractor operated environment
- Demonstrated asset planning and/or project management experience
- A solid working knowledge of ISO 55000 requirements
- Proven experience in the use of Asset Management System such as Assetics
- A working knowledge of regulatory & legislative requirements within the ACT Government
- Experience across a range of competencies on maintenance & asset management
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal including the compilation of technical reports
- Great time management skills and the ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Able to embrace and foster work place diversity, participative workplace practices and WHS requirements
Benefits & culture
Join a department that has a strong culture which embraces workplace respect, equity and diversity. This is a great opportunity to increase your government experience and diversify your career portfolio.
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lynda Roberts from Ignite on 02 6113 7543.
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.