• Engage with stakeholders regarding security compliance and WHS matters
• Opportunities to develop and expand on your current airport experience
• Fantastic workplace culture with many benefits on offer
About the company
Our client is an iconic and well-known local Canberra company with a diverse footprint across corporate services, aviation and property. Employing 150+ staff and experiencing solid growth opportunities exist for career development and training.
About the role
As the first point of contact for stakeholders in relation to security compliance & WHS matters in the aviation space you will be providing high quality, professional, friendly and respectful management of various enquiries, issues and tasks. There will also be a considerable amount of internal and external customer service where your exceptional people skills will be put to good use. Your duties will include:
- Ensure regulatory aviation security compliance is upheld in accordance with relevant aviation legislation
- Maintain safety management system, incident and hazard reporting databases
- Collation of information, preparation and submission of WHS reports and minute taking
- Going that extra mile to ensure that administrative and operational requirements are met
- Perform passive and covert CCTV security audits supported by a reporting framework
- Complete reviews and recommendations of airport security procedural documentation
- Investigation of airport security incidents, documenting and applying corrective best practice
Skills & experience
- Proven understanding and knowledge of aviation industry and related security requirements
- Strong demonstrated administration skills and computer literacy
- Experience in the use and maintenance of incident & hazard reporting database systems
- Able to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm efficient manner
- A professional outlook maintaining high work standards and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships and engage in negotiation with external stakeholders where needed
- Exceptional personal presentation representing your employer to the highest standards
- The ability to discretely manage confidential and sensitive information
- Able to pass a police check and gain an ASIC
- Current drivers licence
Benefits & culture
Our client offers a dynamic, supportive and inclusive workplace where your dedication and positive outlook are recognised and appreciated. They have has a strong culture, driven by passion for the work they do and commitment to living their values day to day.
- Free parking
- Income protection insurance provided
- Annual health checks & flu shots
- Regular employee social activities and celebrations
Interested?? Click on the APPLY button or contact Lynda Roberts from Ignite on 02 6113 7543.
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.