- Canberra Location
- Commercial and Residential Projects
- Work Alongside Director in supportive Team
About the company
Our Client is a locally based construction company who is involved in both the residential and commercial construction space.
About the role
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing team and be able to Estimate for both Residential and Commercial Projects. Working closely with the directors you will be responsible for delivering accurate and timely estimating projects. You will have sound knowledge and experience using estimating software and have a strong understanding of local residential and commercial construction methods and regulations.
Further develop your career, while being part of a company with an inclusive culture and a set of values that they hold in high regard. Getting the right fit is just as important as having the right skill set.
To be successful you will have:
- Read and interpret building plans, specification of works and engineering drawings for accurate quotations
- Perform site visits, liaise with clients and contractors
- Analyse supplier quotations and other information to ensure accurate pricing
- Complete Tender packages, budgets and take offs.
- Create construction specifications
- Raise variations to contracts
- Work as part of a team as well as independently
Skills & experience
- Strong previous Estimating experience on commercial and residential projects
- Strong time management, problem solving and communication skills
- Showcase a strong track record of stability with previous employers
- Tertiary or Trade Qualification in a building related discipline
- Ability to lead and manage a team
The role would suit someone who can come in and hit the ground running working within a motivated and busy team.
Benefits & culture
This company promote a strong team atmosphere and collaboration throughout the workplace. This company Recognize and reward valuable contributions by their employees and promote a healthy work/life balance with a Monday-Friday working week.
- Motivated and supportive working environment to grow within
- Diverse, exciting projects to boost your CV portfolio
- Strong project pipeline for a promising career
Only applicants who are Australia citizens/permanent residents will be considered for this role.
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lauren Cullen from Ignite on 02 6113 7532.
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.