- Immediate start
- Casual Contracts
- Global IT Company
- 6 months contract
We are looking for experienced Desktop Engineers Level 1 in Sydney, NSW willing to work on casual contracts. We are looking for Engineers who like to be challenged, are proactive and can follow instructions promptly.
Duties will include:
- Provide end-user troubleshooting and support for client staff to include desktop, laptop, applications, and operations.
- System Maintenance - Perform general system maintenance of hardware, servers, operating systems, applications, patches and vulnerability management as directed.
- Provide end-user troubleshooting and support for client staff on network and desktop printers.
- Configure workstation and laptops with standard desktop image and install applications; optimize for performance and operation
- Provide support to users who report in person to the client "eSource Room," by telephone, or through a desk-side visit.
- Ensure all tickets are documented with current status, customer communications and full description of the problem/resolution daily
- Provide updates to the customer regarding the problem's status when the projected completion time for problem resolution changes or if the customer requests status
- Adhere to official Client/OIT Property Management procedures for all equipment installs, moves, loans or accessing as defined by the Government
- Work as part of a team and independently
- Review and participate in projects that evaluate, test and introduce new technology and approaches
- Review, maintain and enforce approved procedures and quality standards
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus one to three years of related desktop support experience in a large, complex organization.
- Candidate must understand state-of-the-art software and computing hardware: Windows 7 & 10, Mac OS 10.11.x and above, iPhones, iPads, Androids, Desktop Imaging software such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). Encryption technologies, for example BitLocker Encryption Administration, FileVault 2 Administration.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in Windows & Mac operating systems and Smart Phones, especially recent versions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users.
- A polished, professional demeanor and cool under pressure.
Interested? If you have the skills and motivation we are looking for, please apply below or call 02 9250 8009 for a discussion with Nishant
Please note: You must have the right to work in Australia to apply as sponsorship visa is not provided. Only successful candidates will be contacted.