- Immediate start
- Casual Contracts
- Global IT Comapny
- 6 months contract
We are looking for experienced Desktop Engineers Level 2 in Sydney, NSW willing to work on casual contracts. We are looking for Engineers who like to be challenged, are proactive and can follow instructions promptly.
Duties will include:
- Install, configure and troubleshoot supported software; diagnose hardware problems and coordinate repair/replacement as appropriate; notify desktop manager when issue resolution exceeds or is expected to exceed team service levels and work with supervisor on appropriate client communication.
- Orient/educate new hires re: what support services are available and how to access them, where to find relevant IT policy information, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance and software/hardware upgrades of public access computers and workstations as requested by supervisor. This includes changing hardware, memory, software upgrades and maintaining standard configurations.
- Keep abreast of policy changes impacting tech work
- Contribute to the knowledge base of problems and solutions for desktop support. The knowledge base is a key reference in the resolution of future problems; keep current on industry software and hardware developments via online resources, training, books, etc.
- Write documentation and FAQs to assist customers in their computing tasks as requested by desktop manager. Assist in the creation and maintenance of various user accounts, such as domain accounts, e-mail, p drive, etc.
Experience and Abilities
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus three to five years of related desktop support experience in a large, complex organization.
- Candidate must understand state-of-the-art software and computing hardware: Windows 7 & 10, Mac OS 10.11.x and above, iPhones, iPads, Androids, Desktop Imaging software such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). Encryption technologies, for example BitLocker Encryption Administration, FileVault 2 Administration.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in Windows & Mac operating systems and Smart Phones, especially recent versions.
- Thorough knowledge of software, networking and protocols common to the computing environment such as: desktop OS virtualization, Microsoft Office 2016 & Office 365, the major web browsers, TCP/IP, antivirus and security solutions, workstation imaging solutions, and data backup/management, private and public Vlans.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, have the ability to self-train, and require minimal direction while exercising good judgment.
- The ability to manage multiple, parallel activities, work under pressure and organize time and resources is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users.
- A polished, professional demeanor and cool under pressure.
- Strong customer focus and experience training novice users in using equipment.
Interested? If you have the skills and motivation we are looking for, please apply below or call 02 9250 8009 for a discussion with Nishant
Please note: You must have the right to work in Australia to apply as sponsorship visa is not provided. Only successful candidates will be contacted.