Our client is a large global organisation, best known for its cutting edge innovative solutions. They have expertise in various sectors, including Industrial, Sustainability, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing amongst many others. They have a 3-month contract opportunity for a Procurement Specialist, with a view to extension for the right candidate. Based in the CBD fringe, the successful candidate will have proven Procurement/Supply Chain experience and excellent business acumen.
- Solid experience in a purchasing/supply chain environment
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written, ability to communicate effectively to varied audiences
- Self-motivated, able to perform role with minimal supervision
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a team environment to consistently achieve results & achievement.
- Strong systems skills, including experience using SAP, Oracle or similar procurement systems
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal customers and suppliers to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Understanding of and experience with supplier and subcontractor negotiations, understanding of commercial terms and conditions related to procurement of goods and services.
- Proven understanding of local taxes, import and export procedures
- Identify suppliers / subcontractors to meet business requirements of company’s policies
- Create Requests for Quotation to gather bids from multiple suppliers / subcontractors
- Review and evaluate bids for compliance
- Establish detailed procurement plan post-booking.
- Work with Operations to create purchasing and contract renewals schedule based on site requirements.
- Negotiate price, and other delivery-related terms with selected supplier / subcontractor.
- Record any savings achieved during negotiation
- Convert subcontract requisitions into purchase orders
- Assist in auditing business purchase activity in accordance with internal policies.
- Assist COE/Branch Procurement Specialists as necessary with invoice resolution and payment queries from suppliers / subcontractors