Opportunity for a qualified librarian with law libraryexperience to work in a prestigious law library.
The position is responsible for a full range of reference work, including reference desk shifts, user instruction, development of research guidelines and resources for the library web page. The position also manages the legislation and non-monograph, non-serial collections in the library.
- Reference and assistance with barristers’ research in the preparation of memoranda, advices and court work
- Maintenance of knowledge of legislative and case law developments relevant to practice groups.
- Maintenance and development of knowledge of relevant available legal resources
- Location and retrieval of materials from other libraries as required.
- Instruction of new library users, including barristers and chambers staff in the use of the library and legal research methodology, including print and online resources and subject-specific research
- Creation and maintenance of accurate and timely information to assist patrons in the use of the library and to promote awareness of library services and resources on the library’s webpage.
- Curation of legislation collection of Commonwealth and New South Wales Legislation, Bills & EMs, Government Gazettes and Hansard.
- Cataloguing and curation of Mono-in-Series, pamphlet and audio/video collection.
- Development and maintenance of knowledge of the integrated library systems used in the library.
- General library maintenance as required.
- Other duties as directed.
- Degree and/or postgraduate qualifications in Library and Information Science
- Knowledge and skills in use of legal resources in both hard copy and electronic form
- Familiarity with one or more integrated library systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in legal libraries at a professional level.
For more information please contact Catherine Hill on 02 9250 8098 or email@example.com
Since 1984 Ignite has been providing our clients with candidates who specialize in, information management, construction and engineering, IT and business support. We operate across Australia and work with clients from the public and private sectors, as well as not-for-profit organisations.