Ignite is a global talent provider for Recruitment Services specialising in placing high quality Business Professionals into temporary and permanent roles across Australia.
Ignite is seeking a Member & Senator Contact Officer to support and assist our client - a major National Government Department and Scheme which partners in the Task-Force delivery of high performing, high integrity, trusted national project dealings.
The Member and Senator Contact Officer (MASCO) will be responsible for providing a direct point of contact for Commonwealth and State/Territory parliamentarians (local members), and their offices in their assigned client regions.
The MASCO will work with key line areas within their region in order to resolve constituent issues, and proactively manage relationships with Commonwealth and State/Territory local members and their offices. The MASCO will work with other areas to guarantee that engagement is focused on providing local members and their officers the information they need to inform their electorates on the Scheme and build assurance in the client’s delivery of it.
- Establishing and maintaining a productive and professional relationships with allocated local members, and their staff.
- Establishing productive and professional relationships with agency leadership teams.
- Supplying local members with information on the purpose, scope and progress of the Scheme as it relates to their community and constituents
- Enabling a timely response to local members’ enquiries and representations regarding specific constituents using appropriate regional processes for referral and resolution of the issue.
- Arrangement of public events for local members and the client to discussion and present on the Scheme.
- Synchronizing input into client briefings for the Minister, Assistant Minister and Client Executive.
- Enable other tasks as required by the Director and Client executives
- Positive contemporary attitudes to people with disability.
- Understanding and knowledge of disability and its impact on individuals.
- Competency with IT systems.
- Strong, adaptable communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work within and across teams and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Ability to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues facing regional and remote communities in the Northern Territory, including access to services, is an advantage
- Experience working with parliamentarians or ability to draw parallels with experience in similar roles
- Experience preparing government briefs preferred
- Experience in community event planning