OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide an industry leading construction solutions that is of the highest quality and customer service to the building industry.
The NSW Specifications Manager will be responsible for building strong mutually valuable relationships with engineers, specifiers and design & construct builders in the building industry that deliver written company Specifications and direct agreements to use the company.
Key Result Areas
Managing a portfolio of Specifiers, including Design & Construct Builders
- Establish and nurture key quality relationships through deep understanding of the customer. motivators and needs then developing and presenting targeted value-based solutions.
- Increase the amount of company's specified by existing contacts.
- Build account plans with Key Design & Construct Builders
- Specifications gained
- Conversions from alternative products
- Customer feedback
- Understanding of the customers reflected in ERP
- Account plans in place
- Identify new targets/ project opportunities using Cordells, Bid Contender and other publications.
- Following up leads provided through internal sales and estimating.
- Increase the amount of company specified by new business contacts.
- Add the company's specified projects to the sales pipeline.
- Opportunities identified
- Leads response time and outcome
- New business ratio to budget
- Provide specified leads to account managers for projects.
- Provide qualified referrals to D&A for engineering opportunities.
- Share knowledge and experience to benefit the business.
- Participate in any special projects or assignments that may be required, as directed by State Manager or MD
- Strong Technical understanding of building
- Ability to read and understand Architectural plans and specifications
- Technical understanding of the company's Construction Manual
- The ability in understand Building designs, and actively discuss alternate options
- Skills in and ability to prepare professional presentations and plans
- Strong service orientation and professional communication skillsets suitable for Group presentation within the Design Consultant, Engineering Industry
- Effective time management and self-discipline skills with the ability to self-manage appointments & associated presentation needs
- Successful track record in direct sales of a technical construction product
- Understanding of the expectations of the company’s vision, mission, and values matched with an ability to contribute to a corporate culture in alignment with the same.
- Understanding of the standards and disciplines of the group and its businesses
- Strong business acumen/commercial sense
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.Excellent interpersonal skills
- Secondary HSC or equivalent
- Tertiary Bachelor Degree highly recommended
- Professional An advantage but not essential
- Licences Driver's licence (Car)
The successful candidate will have a strong background in both sales and Technical aspect and understand how to utilize industry contacts to drive new business.
If you are seeking an exciting new role and have a construction/technical sales background and enjoy dealing with engineers, specifiers and design & construct builders in the construction sector, I would like to hear from you.
Fully services dual cab ute and all the tools of the trade & a generous salary will be provided for the sucessful candidate.
Please send your resume (word format) via the link below.
Full working rights in Australia are essential to be considered for this position.
Call Michael Knight on 0432 795163 for a private discussion