Procurement Officer

About the Client
Our Client is a State Government Agency that provides high quality clinical care and health related transport services to over 7.5 million people in NSW, distributed across an area of 801,600 square kilometres. They employ over 4,500 people, with 90% being operational staff involved in the frontline delivery of services. The remaining 10% are corporate and support staff who assist in the delivery of services, including mechanical workshops, finance and payroll, human resources and administration.

About the Role

The role of Procurement & Probity Advisor involves the provision of advice and assistance before and during the course of the procurement process, as a basis for improving outcomes and addressing unexpected probity issues that arise.
The Procurement & Probity Advisor will have demonstrated expertise in the delivery of procurement and probity advisory services for NSW Government and the Health sector. Knowledge of the NSW Government Procurement Policy and NSW Health Goods and Services Procurement Policy and Procedures is required.
In the course of providing Services to the Principal, the Procurement & Probity Advisor will provide the Principal with expertise and advice in relation to the effective, safe and efficient provision of Services and shall report on any project specific deficiencies in a written notice to the Principal.
 
Requirements to be Successful
  • Act with integrity and high ethical standards, in accordance with NSW Ambulance Code of Conduct.
  • Superior written and verbal communication skills.
  • Strong interpersonal skills, sensitivity and experience to support decision making.
  • Experience in project management.
  • Ability to recognise and respond to risks or issues across the procurements across all projects.
  • Ability to collaboratively lead a team.
  • Degree in one of the following areas: Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Project Management.
 
What’s in it for you
  • Opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a cornerstone agency of the NSW public health sector
  • Accessible location in the heart of Rozelle
  • Up to $56/hr full-time contract
 
 
28/02/2019
Sydney (Rozelle)
Contract
Manufacturing/Operations
BH-349451
Morgan Seeneevassen