- Ensure quality of product and service delivery
- Beat the traffic! Enjoy early starts and early finishes
- Local company experiencing strong growth
About the company
Our client is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of fully customized joinery specializing in kitchens, bathrooms and office cabinetry. Having experienced solid growth in their business they are now seeking the expertise of an experienced detailer to join their dynamic, professional and friendly team.
About the role
Reporting to the Production Manager your role will see you reviewing all customer orders and ensuring that any variations are checked and corrected prior to production commencement. You will also be responsible for quoting on general additions to existing job orders.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain appropriate information on each customer’s order requirements and liaise with the client to gain a thorough understanding of their expectations as to the end result.
- Communicate, coach and provide expert opinions on customer projects prior to production commencement and provide feedback whilst production is in train where required
- Adhere to documented detailing and order placement procedures at all times
- Maintain technical knowledge by keeping up to date with trade journals and attending training workshops when required.
- Selection of appropriate cabinetry construction methods in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with architects, designers, tradespersons and other parties as required
- Proactively keep in contact with customers with progress updates on their project
- Prepare a job brief for subcontractors clearly communicating expectations, duties and unique aspects of the job
- Contribute to a harmonious, team player culture facilitating interchange of ideas on policy and conduct between employees and management
Skills & experience
- Experience as a detailer within the cabinetmaking industry
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong customer service experience and the ability to communicate clear feedback and technical guidance where necessary
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous experience dealing with various supplier sales representatives regarding orders
- Ability to maintain and grow relevant industry relationships
- A commitment to stay informed and up to date with industry trends and the latest trade technologies
- A friendly and professional outlook
- Current full drivers licence
Benefits & culture
Enjoy early starts and early finishes? Hours on offer are from 7.00am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday. Learning and development is encouraged and you will have the opportunity to be able to research the latest trends and trade practices to keep you on the cutting edge of your profession.
- Motivated and supportive working environment
- Diverse range of duties
- On site parking provided
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lynda Roberts from Ignite on 02 6113 7543.
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.