This is a unique opportunity to Project Manage Capital Works projects from conception through to construction and hand over.
Based across two historical cemeteries in Eastern and Southern Sydney.
The Client Side - Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units.
Manage resources, schedules, financial's and quality and across as Asset’s full development life cycle.
This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Client Side - Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project(s) on a day-to-day basis.
Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
- Community and stakeholder consultation in accordance with the Crown Land Management Act 2016.
- Environmental Management in accordance with the Crown Land Management Act 2016.
- Procurement Planning and Delivery of Major Capital Works Projects complying with all NSW State Government probity, procurement and delivery legislation and guidelines.
- Compliance with all relevant company's Policies and Procedures.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the company and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others
- Ensure risks are identified and controlled for tasks, projects and activities that pose a health and safety risk within your area of responsibility
- Willingness to Implement the company “Be Safe” safety management system within your area of responsibility
Qualifications, Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Mandatory - Tertiary Qualifications in Architecture, Building, Project Management or relevant field
- 10+ years of project management experience, including procurement, tracking and planning projects for NSW State Government Clientèle
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- 3+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements from the client / business and documentation
- 3+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Smartsheet, Clarity and/or ACONEX.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
Duties: but not limited to;
- Manage a portfolio of complex project initiatives for both Memorial Parks from conception to completion/hand over, and site and project development for up to two new cemetery sites being pursued by the company.
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for several major and/or several minor projects simultaneously
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the Project Control Group meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across the leadership team
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Manage project scope and changes
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, Manager Capital Works, CEO and key stakeholders
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and company stakeholders
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
Please submit a Word formatted resume via the apply button.
For a confidential discussion please call Michael Knight on 02 85152703 quoting reference no. 350337