APS6 WHS Officer
- Canberra, ACT
- Permanent / On going
- IV WHS Cert Required
About the team:
Our client is committed to workplace diversity and maintains an environment that values the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. They welcome applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, mature age people, people from diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the role:
WHS Officer plays a key role in supporting the Work Health and Safety Manager. You will report and be guided by the Head, of Human Resources. The role is committed to working collaboratively with staff and business areas, cultivating a safety risk management culture, and working independently and flexibility.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and review of WHS management systems and rehabilitation management system framework documentation to ensure legislative and regulatory compliance.
- Implement WHS improvement plan initiatives to continually improve the effectiveness of WHS and injury management systems and monitor the achievement of performance objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships and represent HR.
Demonstrated Skills and Experience:
- Technical Experience
- Trade Experience
- Working in a high-risk setting. Including:
- Hazards chemicals, Hazardous materials, public safety, plant and equipment, construction and infrastructure, mental health.
Alternatively, contact Zarina Fitzgerald on 02 6113 7504 for more information and a confidential chat.
Please quote (ID: 367458)