Scope of Works:
Our Client is seeking an Experienced Change Communication Officer to deliver the CMSA Program change communication implementation plan and coordinate the program stakeholder engagement events.
The Change Communication Officer is responsible for developing communication materials for a range of stakeholder audiences and delivery methods (e.g.
intranet, video, presentations, online newsletters and fact sheets) to support a positive change experience for internal and external geographically disperse stakeholders and end uses of the new integrated case management solution named CARE.
The Communication Officer is a member of the CMSA Organisational Change Stream team and reports to the CMSA Organisational Stream Lead.
• Coordinate information gathering to ensure communication content is accurate, current and relevant for stakeholder audiences.
• Develop in collaboration with the subject matter expert change communication messages and collateral for the Programs communication channels (online, presentations, FAQs newsletters, posters and quick reference guides).
• Preparation of issue management communications.
• Review, update and maintain the CMSA Program Communication schedule and manage the internal review and approval process.
• Contribute and participate in the design and delivery of communications to support people through transition services and post go live people support services.
• Coach and provide hands on support to Program team members in the areas of stakeholder engagement and dealing with change resistance.
• Provide timely, accurate feedback and mitigation advice on risks and barriers that may affect the change process.
• Maintain currency of Program Engagement and Communication tracking, Q&A and reporting registers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years communication hands-on experience on fast paced projects across geographically dispersed service locations.
• Knowledge of contemporary User Experience (UX), engagement and communication methodologies, practices and tools.
• Proven ability to develop and deliver high quality communication materials for a range of stakeholder audiences and channels.
• Experience with stakeholder engagement methodologies and forming collaborative working relationships to ensure change communications are understood and managed to achieve desired benefits.
• Knowledge and experience in dealing with change resistance and coaching leaders to deliver engaging communications.
• Proven ability to manage the communication schedule, tracking registers, analysis and reporting on communication effectiveness.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Communication work experience in either Government, children services, social services, health, or education sector.
• Experience in applying the Prosci ADKAR model to inform change communications.
• Experience working on fast paced projects.
• Qualifications in Journalism or Communications.
12 Month Contract
Location of work: Darwin
· National Police Clearance (NPC) Mandatory on Submission.
· Working with Children (OCHRE) Mandatory on Commencement