The Civil Project / Commercial Engineer is responsible for supporting the Wharf Project Manager in delivering the Wharf Cathodic Protection and Concrete Repair projects.
The role will focus on providing assurance and enhancement of the commercial, contractual and civil/structural engineering aspects of execution and reporting. The role will also support other aspects of project delivery including safety and collaboration.
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualifications
- Desirable: CPEng highly regarded.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Experience with Wharf Structures.
- Extensive experience in commercial and contract management, reporting and negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience in project delivery with safe outcom
- Experience delivering Design and Construction Projects.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong financial, commercial and contractual acumen.
- Have a proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Project.
- Have a proficient knowledge of SAP.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Best Practice Civil/Structural Construction techniques.
- Knowledge of Best Practice Cathodic Protection solutions.
Critical Accountabilities & Outcomes:
- Develop and maintain any and all necessary documents to track project cost, time and key correspondence including Technical Queries.
- Develop and complete all necessary information, trends and data for accurate and insightful reporting to the project team and management.
- Review Claims, Notices and Correspondence against the Contract and its’ Specifications. Provide advice on management to achieve best project outcomes.
- Ensure requirements of Contract and Specification are met.
- Identify Execution risks and opportunities.
- Assist in the recording and management of communications with the Contractor.
- Negotiate with Contractor to achieve best project outcomes.
- Communicate with Contractor, formally and informally, in accordance with the Contract to achieve best project outcomes.
- Review and respond to Technical Queries.
- Ensure requirements of Contract and Specification are met and adequate assurance activities/deliverables provided.
- Assist in review of commissioning documents.
- Assist problem solving through issues on site to enable delivery on time, under budget and to agreed quality.
- Identify risks and opportunities relating to techniques on site.
- Provide instructions on work scope, site conditions and site requirements.
- Plus such duties as may be reasonably required by the company from time to time
Key stakeholders and relationships of the role
- Wharf Projects Team.
- Contract workforce and their subcontractors.
- Operations and Maintenance teams.
- Reliability and Maintenance Teams – Mechanical & Electrical and Instrumentation.
- We use our understanding of what customers value when delivering products, services and experiences - and do it better than our competitors
- We generate market insights and anticipate market trends / customer needs
- We build sustainable relationships with customers / partnerships
- We know how our personal decisions or actions impact our customers
- We generate insight to make financially sound and timely decisions that optimise value
- We have the courage to challenge the way things are done by focusing on the ‘why’ and ‘what’
- We balance the right level of risk and pace to compete and deliver
- We understand the commercial drivers of our existing business as well as new or emerging opportunities
- We hold ourselves and others accountable to execute clear and challenging objectives
- We continually adapt to improve processes, systems and ways of working, and to overcome hurdles
- We commit to constructive and transparent feedback on progress and outcomes - even when it feels uncomfortable
- We allocate resources based on priorities, interdependence's and trade-offs
- We build effective and diverse teams and networks internally and externally to enhance decisiveness
- We practice inclusiveness and actively build diversity of thought and perspective into our teams
- We encourage our people to work flexibly
- We create clarity for our teams around how they contribute to delivering Ampol’s strategy and recognise achievement
If you have the above skills and available for an immediate start , send word formatted resume via the apply button.
For a confidentical telephone discussion call Michael Knight on 0432795163