- Fyshwick Based Role
- Great workplace culture
- Diverse range of projects
About the company
Our client is a wholly owned Australian company providing consulting engineering services in Australia and Asia. At the forefront of engineering technology they specialise in structural, civil, façade and traffic engineering. You will be joining a team of multidisciplinary specialists passionate about providing a client oriented hands on approach focusing on innovation and ingenuity.
About the Region
Recently ranked by Lonely Planet as one of the top 3 cities in the world to visit Canberra has a great deal to offer anyone looking to relocate. Experience AMAZING cafes and restaurants which make Canberra a foodies paradise. Boasting a central location you have easy access to the beach, the snow or bustling Sydney for a cheeky weekend getaway. Or if you prefer to stay closer to home there is an abundance of local attractions and beautiful wineries to enjoy right on your doorstep. On top of this Canberra is booming! There are numerous large scale infrastructure, construction and renewable energy projects currently in the works or commencing in the near future making Canberra a great option.
About The Role
As a Civil Design Drafter you will be responsible for all facets of civil drafting including site grading, storm water, pavements & authority submissions.
Duties will include:
- Design drafting for small and large projects
- Liaise with engineers & architects on preparation and coordination of documentation
- Convert civil information into drawing format for interpretation by builders
- Reporting of relevant project information to project leaders & project teams
- Manage the quality and production of documents in line with company standards
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with long term demonstrated hands on experience as a civil drafter
- Proven experience in the use of 12D or Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Highly proficient in 3D modelling for site and road grading
- Solid experience working at an engineering consultancy firm across a range of projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop solid long term relationships with key stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal relating to a diverse audience
- Great time management skills and the ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Solid work ethic: willing, trustworthy, flexible, positive outlook
- Able to work autonomously or collaboratively in a team environment
- Previous experience working with TCCS & Canberra Authorities will be highly regarded
Enjoy being part of a company which embraces diversity and promotes a fair and rewarding work environment. A generous salary is on offer with opportunities for personal growth and career development to hone your expertise and diversify your skill set.
- Motivated and supportive working environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Community/Pro Bono work
- Possible Overseas opportunities
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lynda Roberts from Ignite on 02 6113 7543.
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.