- Fyshwick Based Role
- Great workplace culture
- Diverse range of projects
About the company
Our client is a wholly owned Australian company providing consulting engineering services in Australia and Asia. At the forefront of engineering technology they specialise in structural, civil, façade and traffic engineering. You will be joining a team of multidisciplinary specialists passionate about providing a client oriented hands on approach focusing on innovation and ingenuity.
About the Region
Recently ranked by Lonely Planet as one of the top 3 cities in the world to visit Canberra has a great deal to offer anyone looking to relocate. Experience AMAZING cafes and restaurants which make Canberra a foodies paradise. Boasting a central location you have easy access to the beach, the snow or bustling Sydney for a cheeky weekend getaway. Or if you prefer to stay closer to home there is an abundance of local attractions and beautiful wineries to enjoy right on your doorstep. On top of this Canberra is booming! There are numerous large scale infrastructure, construction and renewable energy projects currently in the works or commencing in the near future making Canberra a great option.
About The Role
Utilising your expertise in the technical aspects of road design, urban developments, masterplans, earthworks, storm water and authority approvals you will find yourself involved in a variety of Landmark Projects.
Duties will include:
- Production of designs, drawings, specifications and reports to meet client requirements
- Stakeholder engagement
- Coordinate aspects of various projects with construction companies, developers, authorities, architects and structural engineers
- Ensure work output is of a technically high standard and that activities are commercially viable
- Provide specialist technical input into feasibility studies & large projects including complex technical applications
- Provide an outstanding level of service to clients
- Adhere to quality system requirements of projects including verification of product produced by other engineers, draftspersons or from external sources
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and a working knowledge of Drains, 12D or Civil 3D
- Solid experience working at an engineering consultancy firm across a range of projects
- Contracts management
- Attention to detail and motivation towards furthering technical skills
- Thorough knowledge of, or the ability to gain knowledge of required Australian and ACT standards and legislation
- Ability to develop solid long term relationships with clients
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal relating to a diverse audience
- Great time management skills and the ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Solid work ethic: willing, trustworthy, flexible, positive outlook
- Able to work autonomously or collaboratively in a team environment
- Previous experience working with TCCS & Canberra Authorities will be highly regarded
Benefits & culture
Enjoy being part of a company which embraces diversity and promotes a fair and rewarding work environment. A generous salary is on offer with opportunities for personal growth and career development to hone your expertise and diversify your skill set.
- Motivated and supportive working environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Community/Pro Bono work
- Possible Overseas opportunities
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lynda Roberts from Ignite on 02 6113 7543.
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.