- Cloud Application Engineer
- 12 x 12 Federal Contract
- $110-130/hr inc super approx
Ignite are seeking a skilled and experienced Cloud Application Engineer to contract with one of our Federal Government clients. The client requires comprehensive IT systems to support the day to day running of the organisation. The Platforms, Integration & Data team are responsible for scoping, designing, delivering, and maintaining high quality IT systems and applications to support the entire agency and our partner organisations to deliver the goals, and BAU streams to participants every day.
Statement of Requirements
As a Cloud Application Engineer, you will analyse how well software, hardware and the wider IT system fit the business needs of the agency and its partner organisations. You will also support the team when writing requirements for new systems, be responsible for key configuration and deployment tasks during implementation and be involved in the ongoing monitoring of systems once delivered into production.
Your drive and determination will have you constantly looking at existing systems as a way to boost technical efficiency and business productivity and formulate solutions and designs for how to realise these efficiency gains.
Whilst being a Cloud Application Engineer, your background will cover a significant breadth of the ICT (Information Communication Technology) landscape and you exhibit a high degree of accuracy and logic when designing solutions. You will be very technical; however, you also have a high level of business acumen that you use to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of stakeholders.
Please note that this role will be exclusively for cloud based applications, we are not looking for on-premise or windows domain system administrators.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining, upgrading and patching existing systems as required.
- Producing specifications for new or modified systems.
- Implementing new systems and applications based on industry best practices.
- Migrating systems from on-premises environments to the cloud.
- Examining current systems and making suggestions on efficiencies and improvement areas.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Ensuring that systems meet accessibility expectations, identify improvements and leverage relationships with vendors to improve the user experience.
- Creating system guidelines and manuals for the organisation.
- Ensuring that the systems are good value for money and deliver on their intended purpose.
- Work with vendors to deliver positive outcomes for the agency.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- A computer science, information management systems, or other ICT related tertiary qualification.
- Demonstrated experience working in a cloud environment – specifically AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience delivering, maintaining, updating and changing enterprise systems that have a high organisational change impact.
- Demonstrated experience configuring and managing security conscious applications that adhere to security best practices.
- Experience working with vendors and partners to deliver complex solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, especially whilst working in a geographically distributed team.
- Experience migrating systems and applications to the cloud for a large organisation.
- Experience investigating and resolving technical issues identified in ICT systems.
- Experience using git and Terraform (or other IaC tooling) to manage infrastructure as code.
- Experience configuring cloud security access management for technologies like AWS IAM.
You must be an Australian Citizen to be considered for this role due to federal government security regulations. Working from home/ flex arrangements are considered on a case-to-case basis.
If this sounds like a suitable opportunity, please click APPLY NOW or reach out on
email@example.com | 02 6113 7542 | ID 366209