Short -term opportunity for a Community Engagement Advisor for a government client to help create a systematic and sustained approach to community and stakeholder engagement with the community, and business/industry within the municipality.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Deliver on Council’s Community Engagement Policy
- Maintain and develop Council’s Community Engagement portal
- Administer and manage Council’s Community Voice Panel.
- Act as a Council champion for community engagement
- Develop and maintain tools to ensure relevance, scope and approach of Council to community
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or Diploma in community engagement or other relevant qualification and substantial experience related to community engagement.
- Proven experience in community consultation and working with diverse communities, with a capacity to build effective partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Well developed communication skills with a flexible facilitative approach and conflict resolution
- Knowledge and demonstrated commitment to the principles of community/citizen engagement and capacity building.
- Strong conceptual, research and writing skills to prepare detailed reports and analyse occasionally complex data.