Qualified Librarian with well-developed digital library skills required for a national health related organisation to deliver a high-quality digital library service.
As Digital Librarian you will be responsible for the selection, acquisition, organisation, accessibility and preservation of a digital library. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for curating a digital library for members
- Catalogue and maintain accurate records of the digital collection
- Plan and coordinate technical developments and manage special projects as required
- Work collaboratively to support the provision of the best possible service to support members and add value
- Ensure that all information available through the digital library is properly licensed
- Advise on the most appropriate and contemporary platforms to provides a world class digital library and user experience
- Monitor collection budget and expenditure
- Maintaining relationships with vendors associated with the digital library.
Required Skills and Experience
- A degree in library and information science, recognised for membership of the Australian Library and information Association
- Thorough knowledge of electronic resource acquisition, including journals, journal packages and ebooks.
- A practical working understanding of licensing and the legal frameworks pertaining to a digital library including issues such as archival rights, perpetual access and interlibrary loans.
- The ability to apply the principles involved to achieve easy access to library resources. In particular, an extensive knowledge of metadata, particularly the systems of cataloguing, indexing, and classification used to organise recorded knowledge and information (descriptive metadata).
- Experience in all aspects of developing and electronic library from assessing the most appropriate platform through to developing and purchasing the collection.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Experience in investigating, reviewing and assessing digital library platforms
- Experience with a variety of digital library platforms
- A working knowledge of the digital environment in relation to delivering a library service including: internet standards and protocols, relevant software and best practice user experience.
- A working knowledge of databases
- An understanding of the value of data and a proactive approach to adding value through data analytics.
To find out more please contact Catherine Hill at Ignite (previously known as The One Umbrella).
Please note that we are reviewing applications as we receive them, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If this particular position isn't of interest to you but you have experience in Information Management, Libraries, Archives or Records, feel free to call us for a chat on 02 9250 8000.
For more than 30 years, Ignite has been providing our clients with candidates who specialise in accounting and finance, information management, sales, marketing, communications, HR, IT and business support. We operate out of 6 sites across Australia and work with clients from the public and private sectors, as well as not-for-profit organisations.