- End to end project management of numerous capital works projects
- Take the next step in your career with mentoring and career development opportunities
- Supportive and Dynamic Team
About the company
Our client is a local government department responsible for the management & delivery of a wide range of services which Canberrans rely on daily. Their objective is to manage & deliver capital works programs on behalf of various arms within the ACT Government.
About the role
With numerous projects currently in train and due to commence shortly your support and assistance will be required with the following:
- Project management and development of numerous capital works projects
- Engagement of government delivery agencies consultancies and contractors
- Liaison with internal stakeholders and also with community and relevant groups.
- Contracts administration as well as report & submissions writing
- Conduct research to provide technical input into feasibility studies for medium to large projects
- Ensuring a high level of service delivery to clients
Skills & experience
- Degree qualifications in a relevant discipline such as civil or environmental engineering, urban planning or natural resource management
- Project coordination experience - project management qualifications highly desirable
- Solid conceptual, research and analytical skills to provide advice on medium to large scale projects
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal relating to a diverse audience
- Great time management skills and the ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid working relationships
- Able to embrace and foster work place diversity, participative workplace practices and WHS requirements
- A healthy work ethic: Willing, trustworthy, motivated
Benefits & culture
Join a department that has a strong culture which embraces workplace respect, equity and diversity. This is a great opportunity to further your experience in urban renewal and project management with a highly skilled and welcoming team.
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lynda Roberts from Ignite on 02 6113 7543.
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.