Facilities Maintenance Manager
The Facilities Maintenance Manager will lead and manage the delivery of property related services across two sites 24 kms apart in Southern Sydney. This will include building compliance, cleaning, maintenance, electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, pest control (preventative programs and reactive), security, repairs, minor capital works projects, waste management, contract negotiation/management and scheduling/managing contractors.
Qualifications, Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Relevant Facilities Management or Trade Qualifications or extensive relevant work experience
- Have at least 5 years Facilities Management/Coordination operations experience
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Sound knowledge of relevant Australian Standards, Building Codes and other statutory codes relevant to the construction, maintenance and operation of buildings
- Have experience in establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships, and achieving business outcomes
- Have strong leadership and influencing skills
- Have experience in a similar or community-based organisation.
- Be able to develop and implement operations plans, preventative maintenance, strategic plans and budgets
- Show strong organisational and planning skills
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Show a high level of personal integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- Be able to think outside the square for improvements and innovation
- Be competent in MS Office Software
- Hold a current Drivers Licence
- Manage and coordinate works contractors, outsourced Services and Utilities providers (e.g. electrical, building management etc) and ensure within contract service terms.
- Review and consolidation of Outsourced Service Providers, Contractors and Suppliers including negotiation of agreements.
- Ensure building maintenance and repair work carried out is completed within agreed budgets, quality and timeframes
- Create and implement Facilities Management procedures
- Project management of minor building and works projects
- Prepare scopes of work, cost estimates and tender documentation
- Develop, implement and manage SLAs and KPIs for Facilities Management disciplines
- Develop, implement and maintain scheduled/preventative maintenance procedures
- Ensuring Compliance and Certification is maintained in accordance with relevant Legislation
- Maintain effective engagement and coordination with all internal and external stakeholders, providing regular communication and reporting
- Foster and encourage a culture of quality, continuous improvement and best practice
- Create innovative and cost-effective solutions/improvements to the business operations
- Actively contribute to the operations strategic plan and budget
- Work closely with the ESMP and WMP Management Team and Senior Management team to ensure image and service standards are consistently achieved
- Regular reporting including operational and board reports
- Undertake regular grounds maintenance inspections and audits
- Liaise with Cemetery Operations Managers and maintenance teams to ensure service schedules are adhered to
- Maintain complete and accurate records of works undertaken by contractors as required
- Other related duties as required
- Identify and propose procedural changes to improve WHS
- Assist with implementing WHS plans and strategies
- Ensure staff wear and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ensure WHS requirements are met and adhered to by the team
- Immediately report all workplace incidents and hazards
- Ensure the prompt reporting of hazards and risks
- Encourage and foster a Safety Culture
- Raise staff awareness of safety accountabilities and responsibilities
- Conduct workplace audits, inspections and risk assessments
- Undertake WHS Investigations
- Keep up-to-date with developments in WHS including legislation, regulations, guidelines and best practice
If you have the skills/background to fulfill this role and available for a 6 months contract that has a high potential to go permanent please submit your resume.
Call Michael Knight on 02 8515 2703 to answer any questions you may have.