- Enjoyable outdoor landscaping and maintenance work
- Local canberra business
- Welcoming and supportive team
About the company
Our client is a well-established and respected corporation providing a diverse range of services across industries including property, aeronautical, construction and development.
About the role
Your role will see you part of a small dedicated team ensuring that the grounds and gardens across their premises is kept in great shape contributing to the overall presentation of their establishment and its surrounds.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Lawns and ground maintenance including mowing, whipper snipper operation, weeding and fertilizer application
- Trimming of trees and shrubs, garden bed creation and weeding, new planting, deadheading and removal of shrubs and plants where necessary and applying chemicals such as weed control and fertilizer
- Landscaping duties including installation of pathways, concreting,retaining wall construction, garden edgings, water features and irrigation systems
- Ensuring the upkeep of the presentation of the premises maintaining a clean and tidy appearance at all times
- Rubbish, garden waste, cobweb and debris removal
- Basic repairs and maintenance to site
- Preparation and lock down of grounds and equipment in cases of emergency
Skills & experience
- Proven experience in grounds maintenance or landscaper at a large scale commercial facility
- Qualifications in horticulture, landscaping or similar would be highly regarded
- Able to operate various gardening tools such as mowers, whipper snippers and blowers
- Great teamwork skills
- Ability to pass a federal police check
- Current construction industry white card
- Asbestos awareness and chemical handling accreditations will be highly regarded
- A professional, neat and tidy appearance
- Strong work ethic: Trustworthy, Reliable, Flexible
- Current full drivers licence with preference given to possession of a MR licence or higher
Benefits & culture
- Motivated and supportive working environment
- Diverse range of duties
- Welcoming and inclusive workplace culture
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lynda Roberts from Ignite on 02 6113 7543.
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.