- 8 Month Initial Contract + 24 Months Extension
- Baseline Security Clearance
- $120 To $140/Hr Negotiable
Ignite are seeking a skilled product owner to join a well renown and diversely large Federal Client to work from various location and help deliver a product that meets the clients vision and stakeholders expectations.
A Product Owner within one of Australia’s largest clients may be required to provide and ascertain the following positon needs as critical member of an agile multi-disciplinary team to support the problem definition, prioritisation, design, planning, development, implementation, and acceptance of
products – working closely with, and providing team leadership for, Agile Coaches,
Scrum Masters, team members and key agency stakeholders essential to product
delivery, within a project management environment with components of agile delivery
In a BAU setting, taking responsibility for customer focussed work outputs or products.
Product Owners manage the prioritisation, definition, and delivery of a fit-for-purpose end
product. They are the owners of the product. As the voice of the customer or end user /
business area, they understand the vision for what should be delivered. They ensure the
team works on the right priorities based on business value and customer needs,
balancing this with any associated risks (what needs to be built and in what order) to
- Make effective use of agile values, principles, and practices, and have overall responsibility for the team’s deliverables
- Negotiate, engage, and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver products and services, build service delivery capability, and promote the agency’s services
- Contribute to strategic planning with a particular emphasis on addressing the service delivery needs of the customer / end user
- In agreement with stakeholders, set the prioritisation of and acceptance criteria for solutions and provide sign-off that they have been met
- Undertake ongoing stakeholder engagement to ensure detailed understanding of user requirements is always current
- Identify and manage risks, and implement mitigation strategies where needed
- Be the voice of the customer/ end user during sprint planning meetings and be accountable for accepting the final plan
- With input from stakeholders, have responsibility for prioritisation of the team’s product backlog
- At least 1 year experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product development.
- High degree of proficiency in iterative development and strong knowledge of Agile principles
- Proven record of delivering IT solutions with a user experience mindset
- Established background in business analysis
- Proven ability to influence cross functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong communication, negotiation, and conflict management skills
- Leverages a high level of autonomy and sound judgement to prioritise competing tasks and make decisions, while recognising when to escalate.
- Experience in JIRA and KANBAN
You must be an Australian Citizen with a current Baseline Security Clearance to be considered for this role due to federal government security regulations. Working from home/ flex arrangements are considered on a case-to-case basis.
For more information or a confidential discussion please click APPLY NOW or reach out on
email@example.com | 02 6113 7542 | ID 366889