- Canberra Location
- Immediate Start!
- High Salary on offer!
About the company
This Company is a leading Construction company in the Commercial and Residential sectors. With many projects in the pipeline, this client has experienced strong growth in recent years and is looking at continuing growing their team.
About the role
As a Safety Manager, reporting to the Construction Manager, you will oversee the overall safety and systems across large Commercial Projects. Your role will include but are not limited to policies, procedures, management plans and training in place to ensure the company and its project are operating safely, the work is being completed as per required, the environment is protected and the quality of the project is outstanding.
- Report to management on all Work Health and Safety matters
- Review contractor systems and processes for compliance to WHS Legislation and ACT Government requirements
- Implement management responses to organisations environment, health and safety risks
- Identification of key performance measures
- Conduct site inspections
- Incident investigation and hazard/ risks mitigation
- Establishing internal and external reporting processes
Skills & experience
- Experience as a Safety Manager on large commercial projects (CONSTRUCTION)
- Strong communication skills with a diverse range of people
- Previous experience in WH&S, primarily in the construction field
- Relevant qualifications in health and safety are necessary
Benefits & culture
This company promote a strong team atmosphere and collaboration throughout the workplace. This company Recognize and reward valuable contributions by their employees and promote a healthy work/life balance with a Monday-Friday working week and rostered weekends when required.
- Motivated and supportive working environment
- Strong project pipeline allowing for excellent employment stability
- Diverse, exciting projects to boost your CV portfolio
- Rostered Saturday's as required with flexible working arrangements
- Work alongside leading industry professionals
- Play a key role in the construction team
- Strong opportunities for career progression
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lauren Cullen from Ignite on 02 6113 7532.
** AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS ONLY
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.