- Civil design working on urban developments and subdivision projects
- National company experiencing strong growth
- Professional development opportunities and a competitive salary package
About the company
Our client is a diversified professional services and construction specialist with offices located across Australia and New Zealand. Their mission is to provide innovative solutions to the construction, infrastructure and maintenance industries embracing collaboration, open and honest communication and diversity.
About the Region
Recently ranked by Lonely Planet as one of the top 3 cities in the world to visit Canberra has a great deal to offer anyone looking to relocate. It is less expensive to live here, in fact 15% cheaper than Sydney leaving extra $$$ to spend on the AMAZING cafes and restaurants which make Canberra a foodies paradise. Boasting a central location you have easy access to the beach, the snow or bustling Sydney for a cheeky weekend getaway. Or if you prefer to stay closer to home there is an abundance of local attractions and beautiful wineries to enjoy right on your doorstep. On top of this Canberra is booming! There are numerous large scale infrastructure, construction and renewable energy projects currently in the works or commencing in the near future making Canberra a great option.
About the role
Due to continued growth our client is seeking an experienced Senior 12D Designer to join their Urban Development team. Your role will see you working on unique projects utilising your extensive RMS road design experience focusing on subdivisions in the ACT region. You will be responsible for preparing and checking concepts, designs and drawings as well as mentoring drafting and design team members.
Skills & experience
- Formal qualifications or advanced diploma in Civil Engineering
- Advanced experience in 12D and AutoCAD
- Long term proven experience in a similar role
- Strong subdivision experience
- Demonstrated ability in leading and mentoring designers & drafting teams
- In depth knowledge of Australian transport and road standards
- Knowledge of government processes and procedures within the ACT will be highly regarded
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current full drivers licence
Benefits & culture
This business has a strong culture that embraces a cooperative, collaborative and supportive work environment ensuring you have the tools to succeed. They provide a range of benefits of which some are:
- Ongoing professional development
- Study support
- Leadership & management programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lynda Roberts from Ignite on 02 6113 7543.
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.