As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be taking a leading role in providing technical and engineering expertise to assist or direct the development and maintenance of system performance methodologies and requirements (including RMA) for key systems and services.
You will provide Systems Engineering (SE) leadership and direction to technical and operational staff as required and assist with the alignment and integration of established SE processes into other organisational business processes.
Term: 2 years Fixed Term
Location: Brisbane Airport
Reports to: Maintenance Engineering Improvement Team Leader
Qualifications & Skills
- Tertiary qualified in Engineering or commensurately experienced
- Specific qualifications (training, education, course) in Systems Engineering
- Demonstrated sound understanding and proven application of Systems Engineering processes.
- Excellent oral and communications skills and the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience with delivering presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- High level of understanding and application of skills and experience with the conduct of SE tasks
- Demonstrated sound judgement and business acumen, with a focus on results in a service delivery environment
- Demonstrated values-based behaviours, and ability to support organisational capability and culture
- Ability to provide technical mentoring and coaching to others
- Knowledge of relevant Reliability, Availability & Maintainability and Integrated Logistics Support standards such as MIL-STD-1388 (Desirable)
- Experience with the use of Systems Engineering software tools (Desirable).
- Work collaboratively with the Maintenance Engineering Improvement Team Leader to develop, review, implement and refine the Maintenance & Service (M&S) Continuous Improvement Plan
- Work collaboratively with the Asset Lifecycle Planning Business Unit to plan and implement Maintenance Optimisation Improvement Actions identified throughout the development of Asset Class Management Plans
- Provide SE expertise to support investigations into complex technical problems.
- Develop and integrate improvements to system performance and the overall service delivery process
- Produce engineering reports, feasibility studies and proposals to determine and recommend changes in the methodology, design, performance specification and measurement of Airways Systems
- Conduct routine and regular coordination of issues resolution in delegated areas of responsibility
- Develop Systems Engineering related training packages and deliver training packages to other engineering and technology staff
- Manage assigned tasks effectively to achieve the appropriate levels of safety, quality and efficiency within schedule and allocated budget
- Maintain an appropriate base level of knowledge on current and proposed Communications, Navigation, Surveillance and Air Traffic Management systems used in Airservices and supporting Infrastructure systems
- Assist projects to deliver against specified requirements including maintenance requirements
- Review existing Maintenance, Engineering, Supply, Training & Operations Processes and supporting technology and recommend opportunities for improvement based on industry best practice
- Ensure applicable technical change management processes are applied in accordance with Airservices Technology Management System (TMS)
- Assist other engineering and technology staff, when required, to apply change control and management as per the TMS to ensure that all changes are developed, reviewed and approved to ensure the integrity of the system baseline.
Closing date: Friday 23rd Aug 2019 4pm
Please include a cover letter describing how your background meets the requirements of the role.
Do not hesitate to contact Michael Knight on 0432 795163 to discuss further