- Client facing role for senior construction project manager
- Exceptional consultancy firm delivering landmark projects
- Great workplace culture with a focus on community engagement
About the company
Our client is a highly respected and well known project management and advisory services firm providing their expertise to building, property and infrastructure projects. They are focused on achieving outcomes of excellence through superior service delivery providing collaborative and intelligent leadership solutions.
About the Region
Recently ranked by Lonely Planet as one of the top 3 cities in the world to visit Canberra has a great deal to offer anyone looking to relocate. Enjoy the AMAZING cafes and restaurants which make Canberra a foodie’s paradise. Boasting a central location you have easy access to the beach, the snow or bustling Sydney for a cheeky weekend getaway. Or if you prefer to stay closer to home there is an abundance of local attractions and beautiful wineries to enjoy right on your doorstep. On top of this Canberra is booming! There are numerous large scale infrastructure, construction and renewable energy projects currently in the works or commencing in the near future making Canberra a great option.
About The Role
Utilising your expertise as a senior project manager specialising in construction you will be required to provide comprehensive consultancy services across various projects. You will also find yourself providing leadership, direction and guidance to support personnel in the delivery of client requirements. Duties will include:
- Preparation and management of work programs & resources schedules
- Manage projects & ensure work output is of a technically high standard and that activities are commercially viable
- Negotiation with clients to affect amendments to project scope, budget & time
- Provide specialist technical input into feasibility studies & large projects including complex technical applications
- Lead, guide & manage project teams providing mentoring, training and development opportunities
- Provide an outstanding level of service to clients
- Identify new project opportunities and clients whilst maintaining solid relationships with existing clients
- Adhere to quality system requirements of projects including verification of product produced by other engineers, draftspersons or from external sources
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management with proven experience in construction supervision, project management and report writing
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team and managing team outputs
- High level knowledge, understanding and application of engineering concepts, processes & activities
- Thorough knowledge of, or the ability to gain knowledge of required Australian design standards and legislation
- Advanced skills in relevant project management software accompanied by a strong working knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Ability to develop solid long term relationships with clients
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal relating to a diverse audience
- Great time management skills and the ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Commitment and promotion of a safe work environment
Benefits & culture
Enjoy a great work environment embracing collaboration and providing a supportive team environment. A generous salary is on offer with opportunities for personal growth and career development to hone your expertise and diversify your skill set.
- Ongoing training and development
- Flexible work environment
- Social activities
- Subsidised gym membership
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lynda Roberts from Ignite on 02 6113 7543.
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.