Do you understand the cloud, network services and managed services IT eco-systems?
Can you bridge the gap between business problems and complex technology solutions for customers?
Do you enjoy working with a collaborative team of technical experts?
Do you enjoy consulting and building great customer relationships?
Are you looking for a company with a "people first" culture in a supportive environment?
If you have answered yes to these questions, we want to hear from you!
Our Client has the technical know-how and leadership-support to assist you in providing outstanding outcomes for their clients and a platform your success.
Our client is a Systems Integrator providing high-quality managed IT services to a loyal and supportive customer base of over 500 customers covering a wide range of industries including education, finance, legal, insurance, superannuation and automotive.
Being one of the most experienced multi-cloud service providers in Australia, they are well established in their field. They have super strong partnerships with the best in the business including global partners like - HPE, Microsoft, Veeam, VMWare and Sophos to deliver the top-quality enterprise-grade solutions.
Experience you bring:
You will have:
- 5+ years' experience in a Pre-Sales and Solution Architect capacity in an MSP/Consultancy environment.
- Experience in the Corporate/Education Sector as a Solution Architect involved in the deployment of IT Solutions and IT Services.
- You are comfortable driving a complex process - with many sub-processes - and bridging the gap between business problems and technology solutions.
Reporting to the Professional Services Manager, you will be an integral member of the team. As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for articulating and designing solutions based on the company's portfolio of offerings. You will bring expert thinking to a cross-skilled and co-located teams. You will work closely with many stakeholders and your engagements will include:
- Vendor and Distributor engagements
- Proposal preparation of technical management bids, tender responses and solution designs
- Handover of opportunities to project and professional operations teams
- Acting as a Technical Lead/Champion
What you will be responsible for:
You will focus on building complex enterprise solutions and solve high-level strategic issues.
You will be able to understand the strategic directions of customers businesses and then be able select and marry the relevant technology and service offerings that support that business.
Your role will encompass:
- Finding the best technical solution amongst all possibilities to solve the existing business problems.
- Describing the structure, characteristics, behaviour and other aspects of the solution to project stakeholders.
- Defining features, phases, and solution requirements.
- Providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed and delivered.
- A "consulting" mentality with an ability to quickly forge multiple relationships with key accounts at operational, technical, management and senior executive levels.
- A comprehensive understanding of Cloud disciplines across Access, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and deployment models such as public, private and hybrid cloud.
- As well as having solid technical skills the ability to also think commercially and position IT solutions with business-decision-makers would be viewed favourably.
- Good communication skills with the ability to deal with clients at senior levels within an organisation
- Skills in the writing and management of proposals, RFPs, RFTs and SOWs.
- Delivery of engaging customer presentations to ensure effective positioning and clear communication of the chosen solutions.
- The ability to articulate the value proposition of offerings to the customer and prepare quality proposals that differentiate from the competition.
- Ability to travel and hold a current driver's license.
- A positive and self-driven attitude, strong leadership traits and a high desire to succeed.
Technical skills you have:
Experience in the following technologies/vendor platforms:
HPE - Compute & Storage, Aruba network platforms
Microsoft Platforms - Windows Server (2008 R2 - 2019), Hyper-V, Exchange Server (2010 - 2016), Office 365, SQL Server
Backup Platforms - Veeam, Storage Craft
VMware - vSphere, VSAN, vRealize
Experience in Public cloud - Azure, AWS, GCP and proposed solutions based on them
Other Operating systems and Hypervisors - Red Hat, Centos, KVM & Xen Server
Security Platforms - Check Point, Sophos End Point and Firewalls, Tenable
Storage Platforms including - Fibre Channel based Storage Area Networking, ISCSI Storage Area Networking - Understanding of WAN, LAN and Internet/Protocols, Routing protocols i.e. OSPF, BGP, VRF etc, SDWAN, DNS, DHCP
The ideal candidate should hold recent certifications in as many of the following areas:
- HPE - Server ASE and Storage ASE or better, VMware - VCP 6 or newer
- Microsoft - MCSE, MCSA - Servers, Azure Stack, Office 365, Mobility
- Aruba - ACDP, ACSP, ACSA
- Cisco - CCNA, CCNP
- Veeam - VMCE