Senior Systems Engineer - Sydney
Location: Western Sydney
Reports to: Infrastructure Manager
Contract period: 6 months
Days: Monday to Friday
Hour: 38-40 hours per week
We are looking for an Entrepreneurial person who is very tech savvy and understands the difference between a customer experience and a solution outcome; and can deliver both!
While you possess a depth and breadth of technical ability, you are also a fast learner and have a fearless attitude toward solving tech problems that may have elements of new technology.
Level 3 Systems Engineer but with advanced knowledge of networking - WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi - (Cisco & HP). Good understanding and working knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
Strength in public cloud desirable - Microsoft Azure Services
Working knowledge and at least 5-years-experience with the following technologies;
- Windows Server 2003 - 2016
- SQL 2005 - 2016 including SQL server maintenance and some SQL writing skills
- Microsoft System Centre Suite (SCOM, SCCM, DPM)
- CRM and ERP experience including SQL database querying for reporting
- Strength in public cloud desirable - Microsoft Azure Services
- Experience in Cloud based end-point security platforms
- Skype for Business / Lync Unified Messaging systems
- Experience implementing/administrating Azure services
- Experience of operating & maintaining Dynamics AX 2012 including server and system-configuration, load balancing, and rolling out updates - would be viewed favourably
- Project Planning using Project
- Exchange 2013
- Active Directory and Group policy management.
- Citrix XenApp 7.0 or higher
- Server Experience including virtualisation: VMWare 5.5 to 6.5 and Hyper-V
- Jira Service Desk
- Good working knowledge on Wifi and LAN Switching.
- Mobile Device management platforms - AirWatch etc..
- ITIL Certified.
- VoiP and General IP PABX admin tasks; i.e. Phone deployment etc..
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong quick-thinking problem solving, self-development & learning skills.
- Self-driven to identify problems and implement Solutions
- Some Project management experience would be viewed favorably
Key Areas of delivery:
- Provide level 2 support to the Network Infrastructure queue to ensure they meet the required SLA measured weekly.
- Maintain and optimise IT Infrastructure server environments (physical and virtual) to meet business operational requirements and manage 3rd parties who provide level 3 and consulting support services. Including administer backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Maintain the Infrastructure support queues in Jira Service Desk to resolve incidents within weekly SLA, identify and handover repeatable tasks to the Service Desk to increase efficiency.
- Perform after hour's maintenance, implementations and emergency support as required or on a scheduled basis.
- Identify deficiencies, develop plans and implement solutions to remedy deficiencies in the infrastructure.
- Plan and implement upgrades to existing infrastructure systems, tune and optimise for maximum business efficiency.
Please ensure you address a majority of these technologies within experiences in your CV.