Senior Systems Engineer - Sydney
Location: Western Sydney
Reports to: Infrastructure Manager
Contract period: 6 months
Days: Monday to Friday
Level 3 systems but with a good handle on networking - WAN, LAN, WiFi - Cisco, HP.
Good understanding and working knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Working knowledge and at least 5-years-experience with the following technologies;
- Windows Server 2003 - 2016
- SQL 2005 - 2016 including SQL server maintenance and some SQL writing skills
- Microsoft System Centre Suite (SCOM, SCCM, DPM)
- Skype for Business / Lync Unified Messaging systems
- Experience implementing/administrating Azure services
- Experience of operating & maintaining Dynamics AX 2012 including server and system-configuration, load balancing, and rolling out updates - would be viewed favorably
- Project Planning using Project
- Exchange 2013
- Active Directory and Group policy management.
- Citrix XenApp 7.0 or higher
- VMWare 5.5 to 6.5
- Jira Service Desk
- Good working knowledge on Wifi and LAN Switching.
- Mobile Device management platforms - AirWatch etc..
- ITIL Certified.
- VoiP and General IP PABX admin tasks; i.e. Phone deployment etc..
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong quick-thinking problem solving, self-development & learning skills.
- Self-driven to identify problems and implement Solutions
- Some Project management experience would be viewed favorably
Key Areas of delivery:
- Provide level 2 support to the Network Infrastructure queue to ensure they meet the required SLA measured weekly.
- Maintain and optimise IT Infrastructure server environments (physical and virtual) to meet business operational requirements and manage 3rd parties who provide level 3 and consulting support services. Including administer backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Maintain the Infrastructure support queues in Jira Service Desk to resolve incidents within weekly SLA, identify and handover repeatable tasks to the Service Desk to increase efficiency.
- Perform after hour's maintenance, implementations and emergency support as required or on a scheduled basis.
- Identify deficiencies, develop plans and implement solutions to remedy deficiencies in the infrastructure.
- Plan and implement upgrades to existing infrastructure systems, tune and optimise for maximum business efficiency.