We are seeking Senior Technical Advisors to work within our Federal Government Client based in Penrith.
As the Senior Technical Advisor you must have qualifications in either Nursing or Occupational Therapy. The overall purpose of your role is working with both Internal/ External stakeholders to develop and approve reasonable and necessary support plans in specific areas requiring specialist knowledge.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing subject matter expertise using a coaching and mentoring approach
- Brokering solutions and supporting regional delegates with advice where more complex specific responses are required
- Liaising and working cooperatively with stakeholders to ensure consistent decision making and outcome achievement
- Contribution to policy and operational guidelines required to maximise agency performance
- Supporting regional delegates to undertake plan reviews
- Independent research identifying best practise in your area of expertise, preparation of Agency position papers and recommendations in your specialist area
- Ensuring high quality written advice and record keeping, including competency with IT systems
As this position is quite niche the below criteria is a MUST to be successful:
- Competent and confident within IT systems and MS Office
- Experience with supporting people with a disability to maximise participation in community
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders paired with the ability to engage in negotiation if dealing with external providers
- Strong team player approach, able to adapt quickly to a changing environment as well as work closely with the Participant and their carers
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information, respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests while maintaining high work standards and accuracy
- Ability to synthesise and analyse information and make decisions
- Ability to provide a coaching and mentoring role within the team
- Demonstrated experience within disability is highly desirable
Please note: Entry level checks will be required for all successful candidates and dependent on the role this may also include working with children checks.
If you have the above proven experience and ready to take the next step in your career then don’t delay APPLY TODAY!