Sr. Desktop Support/ Team Coordinator - Brisbane
Our client is a Global Leading System Integrator which currently requires Lead Technician to provide technical and functional leadership of Level 1 & 2 Engineers in Brisbane for an immediate start.
The role will be based on an ongoing contract with hours of Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, with an expectation of excellent professionalism and attitude in supporting Executive level end users.
As a Sr. Desktop Support Technician:
- Provide technical and functional leadership of Level 1 & 2 Engineers
- Basic server cabling and configuration activities
- Document the installation of standard software and operating systems for desktop-rollouts
- Respond, restore, resolve or escalate incident tickets within SLA's, remote and face to face
- Escalate unresolved problems to client nominated escalation points / support teams, Liaising with onsite client representative on all escalation issues and closures
- Provide assistance to the server support team when requested
- Maintain technical and compliance IT documentation as required
- Warranty management
- Manage outstanding client hardware changes
- Install, configure and troubleshoot supported software; diagnose hardware problems and coordinate repair/replacement as appropriate; notify desktop manager when issue resolution exceeds or is expected to exceed team service levels and work with supervisor on appropriate client communication
- Perform routine maintenance and software/hardware upgrades of public access computers and workstations as requested by supervisor. This includes changing hardware, memory, software upgrades and maintaining standard configurations.
- Keep abreast of policy changes impacting tech work
- User Access Management, new system users and equipment configuration
- Establishing and maintaining users on Active Directory
- Technical understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Exchange, VMware, Symantec, Desktop hardware/software in networked corporate based environments, peripherals, PC operating systems and a range of application software
- Perform file backup and restore operations on branch office servers in accordance with client instructions
- Undertake IT induction training of new starters and training on Microsoft Products
- Implements operational support standards and procedures relating to change and performance management, and security.
- Acts as a liaison between the customer, suppliers, and other technical groups to resolve desktop/network/server problems.
- Create and maintain technical procedure documentation.
- Excellent Client and End-User communication skills
- 5+ Years of Experience
If you have the skills and motivations we are looking for, then please send us your CV
( SK97412A )