A leading global engineering firm in Melbourne has a 6 month contract opening for a software and system safety engineer who will perform safety studies, analyse safety requirements and objectives defined by safety assessments and report on any safety issues or concerns. This role is highly likely to extend or transition into a permanent full-time position!
- Perform safety assessments by collecting necessary inputs from subsystem providers
- Assist subsystem providers for the delivery of these outputs, in particular software related evidence and analysis
- Conduct software failure mode analysis in collaboration with software engineers and software architects to complete the system Fault Tree Analysis
- Ensure Safety Policy conforms with defined standards
- Communicate and resolve safety program issues