Ignite is looking for a highly motivated specialist to design, develop and deliver security training for a very large, reputed Federal Government Agency in Canberra.
The Team plays a key role in the provision of security advice and support, both domestically and overseas. A core responsibility of the team is the security and safety of Australian personnels and their dependants overseas, the security of its diplomatic and consular posts and the safeguarding of sensitive information commensurate with an environment of increasing security risk.
Responsibilities and Duties
The specialist Training officer will include,
- Deliver presentations and facilitate training to agency staff.
- Develop innovative, relevant, diversity enabled and culturally sensitive learning solutions for officers. They may also be required to design and develop associated training, support and instructional material for training participants.
- Undertake continual analysis and review of OTS’ training curricula to ensure training aligns with company objectives.
- Develop ‘training strategies’ and produce ‘training outcome’ briefs and other high-level briefs as required, for the Executive.
- Identify security training and capability gaps and (where possible) determine strategies to reduce these through a process of continual monitoring and refining of company’s training to build and enhance security capability.
- Qualification and/or demonstrated experience in training and assessment.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Previous experience in Protective Security would be desirable.
- Experience or knowledge of the overseas security environment is desirable.